Electromagnetic Compatibility Committee
The prevention of interference between radio and electronic equipment has become a major issue. This comes under the general name of ‘ElectroMagnetic Compatibility’ (EMC).
About the Electromagnetic Compatibility Committee
The Electromagnetic Compatibility Committee (EMCC) has three main functions.
If you need help with technical topics or applicable standards the committee are the best people to contact. However, if you want help with diagnosis of an interference problem the EMC Advice section should be your first port of call
The EMC Committee members and their specialist roles are listed below:-
- John Rogers M0JAV (Chairman – Investigations)
- Hilary Claytonsmith G4JKS (IARU Rep – EMC Consultant-Publications)
- David Lauder G0SNO (EMC Consultant- Investigations)– EMC Matters RadCom
- Richard Marshall G3SBA (EMC Consultant – Standards)
- Brendan Minish EI6IZ & G7CUW (IRTS EMC officer)
- Robin Page-Jones G3JWI (Committee Secretary – EMC Consultant-Publications)
- Colin Richards G3YCR (Lobbying)
- John Woodhouse G6GPF (Standards)
The committee minutes are published on EMC – Minutes page. In addition, the committee publishes information on EMC related topics and also carries out experimental work which is published for the benefit of members (in a bi-monthly 2-page article in RadCom).
For further information please see the EMC pages