Welcome to the RSGB’s propagation information pages, brought to you by the Propagation Studies Committee
This page and the sub-pages associated with it are here to assist in the understanding and advancement of radio propagation comprehension.
They are put together and maintained by the RSGB Propagation Studies Committee.
A good place to start is to insert a topic into your favourite search engine, however, below is a short list of beginner-type links to get started.
- Basics of Radio Wave Propagation – Has a nice glossary of terms
- Educational Material from IPS (Australia) – Wide range of material
- How the Sun Works
- Ionospheric Physics of Radio Wave Propagation
- Introduction to the Ionosphere – From the National Geophysical Data Center
- ITURHFProp propagation prediction tool
- The Earth’s Magnetosphere – From NASA
- The Sun, the Earth, the ionosphere: what the numbers mean – from ARRL
- The Interplanetary Magnetic Field – basic explanation
- The Sun’s Magnetic Cycle – introduction, etc.
- Solar Radio Noise
- What is WSPR (12MB/39-slide Powerpoint presentation)