Intermediate other resources
- Intermediate Licence – Exam Syllabus
- Ethics and Operating Procedure for Radio Amateurs : http://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=&func=startdown&id=367
- DX Code of Conduct : http://dx-code.org/home.html
- RSGB Band Plans : http://rsgb.org/main/operating/band-plans/
- Good operating practices : http://thersgb.org/services/education/downloads/pdf/good-operating-practices.pdf
Printed materials and books to complement web sites, for those who do not like or use the internet. Reviews included where available.
- Intermediate, Building on the Foundation, Steve Hartley G0FUW :
http://www.rsgbshop.org/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Training_19.htm A book that works through the current syllabus, providing insight into practical applications. Written in language that is accessible for all candidates.
- Amateur Radio Exam Secrets, Alan Betts G0HIQ :
Audio and/or Video recordings to demonstrate on air, Amateur Radio conversations. Etiquette and Practice.
- None available
Online Radio Receivers. This is the place to start. Listen, Listen Listen ! :
- RSGB Online SDR Radio : http://rsgb.org/main/operating/web-sdr-receiver/
- Other web SDR receivers : http://websdr.org/
Audio and/or Video recordings to demonstrate various Intermediate licence topics.
Youtube videos by G0FUW, G4TYN, M0TGN:
- Harmonics and Low Pass Filters : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7KHyPQCPM
- Coaxial Cable Losses and Velocity Factor : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIy41TyOuE
- AC Volts in an RC Circuit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boAJIrGaEbU
- Capacitors Inductors and Tuned Circuits : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo6IhSouEI
- Bath Intermediate Video : http://www.g4dcv.co.uk/bathintvid.htm
Youtube videos by Essex hams:
- Basics of soldering (Intermediate): http://youtu.be/nd_YYHSMYF8
Audio and/or Video recordings of Licence Training within a course.
- None known
Software, which could include RF or electronics theory.
- None known
List of instructors
- Finding tutors or exam centres including those who provide Distance Learning or
assistance. E.g. by e-mail, Skype, Etc. :
A downloadable and printed document which shows the Foundation practicals. Step by Step and which parts of the syllabus and Licence book they relate. To assist self training and those who find theory study difficult to implement.
- Does not currently exist