Training and Education Committee
Formed in April 2012, the Training and Education Committee took over many of the roles of the former Amateur Radio Development Committee
What we do
- Work with Ofcom and other stakeholders to improve the training offered.
- Work with other RSGB committees as needed to support Training and Education.
- Consider how training might be extended to provide additional member benefits.
- Investigate different ways for training to be provided, including distance learning and other internet-based technologies
- Develop mentoring within the hobby to aid progression and as a form of personal development
- Support the tutors with core training resources, such as the Train the Trainers scheme, training guide and training resources.
- Maintain a Yahoo! Group for tutors
- Make recommendations and take action on any other training or education related issues
- Organise UK participation in IARU Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) and organise YOTA events in the UK
Committee members are experienced and dedicated people who work in small project teams to deliver the various Committee roles, linked to RSGB operational objectives.
All Committee members have signed up to the RSGB Code of Conduct and Ethos.