EMC publications and leaflets
Tackling an EMC problem
With the right approach, most EMC problems can be solved. Information on how to do this can be found PDF format in the EMC leaflets linked below. The latest information and comments on current trends can be found in the bi-monthly EMC Column in RadCom.
EMC leaflets 1, 2, 5 and 8 are intended for neighbours, however you are advised to give neighbours only copies of those leaflets that relate to EMC problems that actually exist or are likely to occur in the near future.
- EMC Leaflet No. 1: Radio Transmitters and Domestic Electronic Equipment – General EMC information sheet about breakthrough on TV, radio, hi-fi, etc.
- EMC Leaflet 2: Radio Transmitters and Home Security Systems – An information sheet for neighbours or alarm installers about RF triggering of intruder alarms
- EMC Leaflet 3: Dealing with Alarm EMC Problems – Advice to members on how to deal with RF triggering of an intruder alarm
- EMC Leaflet 4: Locating Sources of Interference to Amateur Radio Reception – Advice on how to identify and find sources of RFI in amateur bands
- EMC Leaflet 5: Radio Transmitters and Telephones – All about RF breakthrough on telephones
- EMC Leaflet 7: Protective Multiple Earthing (PME)
- EMC Leaflet 8: TV Distribution Amplifiers
For neighbours and TV aerial installers about solving breakthrough on home TV distribution amplifiers
- EMC Leaflet 9: Handling In-bound Interference
- EMC Leaflet 10: Avoiding Interference to Nearby Electronic Equipment
- EMC Leaflet 12: Part P and the Radio Amateur
- EMC Leaflet No. 14: Interference from in-house PLT
Single com trend
SB2 Pair of Comtrends. No data being passed
SB3. Pair of SIMPLER NETWORKS PLAs passing no data for 25 seconds then full speed download for 54 seconds then no data for 32 seconds,
SB4. Pair of SIMPLER NETWORKS PLAs passing no data for 20 seconds then viewing a video file for 50 seconds then no data for 30 second
Please note: These pages are intended for members of the Radio Society of Great Britain, but are available to non-members on the understanding that any information is given in good faith and the society cannot be responsible for any misuse or misunderstanding.
An index to EMC Matters Articles – a bimonthly column in Radcom helps you find recent articles.