Introduction to propagation & propagation terms
The links below provide an introduction to the concepts and terminology of radio propagation.
Please note the RSGB is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- Basics of Radio Wave Propagation – has a nice glossary of terms.
- Educational Material from IPS (Australia) – wide range of material
- The Interplanetary Magnetic Field – basic explanation
- Ionospheric Physics of Radio Wave Propagation
- Introduction to the Ionosphere – from the National Geophysical Data Center
- Basic Facts About Space Weather – from the University of Michigan
- Glossary of Solar-Terrestrial Terms
- The Sun’s Magnetic Cycle – introduction, etc.
- How the Sun Works
- Space Weather and Prediction Center Education Page
- Solar Radio Noise
- The Sun, the Earth, The Ionosphere: What the Numbers Mean – from ARRL. Also here
- TV/FM DX – from Wikipedia
- The Earth’s Magnetosphere – from NASA