IARU 2014 Consultation
The current consultation on IARU Matters is for the Region-1 General Conference, to be held in Varna, Bulgaria, in September 2014
Our consultation on this General Conference covers three stages:-
- Call for papers (ie to suggest/outline key topics ) which are aligned to:-
- C2 – Finance Matters
- C3 – General Topics – for example Admin, QSLs, Working Groups on EMC, Development, Youth etc
- C4 – HF matters – for example band plan harmonisation, accommodating new modes etc
- C5 – VHF/Microwave - for example new modes, criteria for the new 6m beacon network, spectrum pressures etc
- Review Draft UK Papers prior to submission (February/March 2014)
- Preview of papers ahead of the General Conference (Summer 2014)
Stage 1 and 2 of this consultation were completed earlier in the year. IARU Region 1 have now uploaded to their website the full set of papers for the General Conference, which can be downloaded by following this link. Our on-line consultation has therefore been re-opened to receive views on all of these papers. The consultation is open to all UK amateurs. As there are a large number of papers it would be helpful if you could choose the appropriate committee topic, C2, C3, etc, to make your posting. If discussion becomes significant on any one paper the moderators will open up a sub-topic dedicated to that paper.
- Link to the consultation for those already registered to participate.
- Registration, which will need a valid e-mail address, as an e-mail will be sent to that address with an authentication link to click. This will then complete the registration process and provide full privileges to post to the discussions (note that registered users of our previous consultation forum, used in 2013, will need to re-register)
Note: Frequency specific items on Band Plans, technical standards or IARU-Region 1 contests matters are raised in either C4 (HF) or C5 (VHF/Microwave) as appropriate.