IARU 2014 Consultation
The current consultation on IARU Matters is for the Region-1 General Conference that will be in Varna, Bulgaria in September 2014
Using the Litmus Process, it covers three stages:-
- Call for papers (ie to suggest/outline key topics ) which are aligned to:-
- C3 – General Topics – for example Admin, QSLs, Working Groups on EMC, Development, Youth etc
- C4 – HF matters – for example band plan harmonisation, accommodating new modes etc
- C5 – VHF/Microwave - for example new modes, criteria for the new 6m beacon network, spectrum pressures etc
- Review Draft UK Papers prior to submission (February/March 2014)
- Review of All Submissions including from other countries (Summer 2014)
Note: Frequency specific items on band plans, technical standards or IARU-R1 contests matters should be raised in either C4 (for HF) or C5 (VHF/Microwave) as appropriate.
Currently we are at Stage-2 of the Litmus Test. where comments on draft papers are welcome. Please do consider that if taken forward, they will need to be in plain English and follow the format of:-
- Key points/proposal/justification
- Recommendations (ie the precise wording that will be endorsed for implementation)
Participation is open to any UK Amateur.
- Read or join in with the online discussion
- Registration, which will need a valid e-mail address, as an e-mail will be sent to that address with an authentication link to click. This will then complete the registration process and provide full privileges to post to the discussions (note that registered users of our previous consultation forum will need to re-register)