RadCom Members’ Ads
Terms and Conditions
RSGB Members wishing to place an advertisement may do so free of charge, provided they are submitted by email.
There is no fixed deadline for Members Ads, but—for guidance—all ads received by the Around Your Region deadline each month are extremely likely to appear.
The Around Your Region deadlines for the next two months are always printed at the very start of that section.
The following terms and conditions apply to all Members’ advertisements;
- In order to qualify for free insertion, Members Ads must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive an automatic acknowledgement almost immediately — if you don’t, please phone the RadCom office on 01234 832 700, choosing option #8. Ads may be submitted by post but must be accompanied by a payment of £5 to cover administration costs. Note that the email@example.com mailbox is not continuously monitored between editions: please direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the RadCom office to ensure a timely reply.
- Your advert must clearly show whether it is For Sale or Wanted and must include your name, call sign or RSGB Membership number, phone number and postal town. An email address is optional.
- The ad may not contain more than 40 words, excluding the information in (2), and may be edited for readability at our sole discretion. Longer ads may exceptionally be accepted if there is a good reason, eg a shack clearance on behalf of a SK Member; email email@example.com and ask before submitting the ad
- Not more than one ad per month will be accepted from any member. Recurring ads cannot be accepted, but Members may resubmit the same advert each month if they wish
- Emailed adverts may optionally include one photograph of the item(s) being offered. Images must be attached as a JPG file (NOT embedded in the email), at least 800 x 600 pixels and of good visual quality. Please do not overprint or watermark images. By submitting any image you warrant that you own the copyright of that image and that you permit the RSGB to use it in any way. You must NOT just download someone else’s photo off the internet. We will endeavour to publish photos with ads as space permits but cannot guarantee to publish any particular photo
- Adverts will be published at the first available opportunity but no guarantee can be given as to when a particular ad will appear. We normally send you a brief email when your ad is processed for publication, usually along the lines of “your ad should appear in the xxx edition”
- The RSGB believes that it is inappropriate for Members trading in radio equipment in any way to place Members’ ads. We therefore regret we are unable to accept such ads, although we do welcome these in the classified advertising section of RadCom
- The RSGB accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for the quality of goods offered
- Members’ ads are accepted and published in good faith
- Members’ ads are accepted at the sole discretion of the Editor, whose decision is final
Members are advised to ensure that the equipment they intend to purchase is not subject to a current hire purchase agreement. The ‘purchase’ of goods legally owned by a finance company could result in the ‘purchaser’ losing both the goods and the money paid.
Goods that contain prohibited items — as defined by the Royal Mail or courier service — may be refused carriage or confiscated en route. Check before you send.
Members Ads online
Members’ Ads can now be accessed via Membership Services in the digital edition of the magazine.