UK Amateur Licensing
The regulatory authority for UK Amateur Radio is Ofcom. Below are some useful links and information for accessing the amateur radio license information on the Ofcom website.
UK Amateur Radio Licence
- Licence Conditions: A sample copy is available here
- Online Licensing: Online Access and User Guide
- 2.3 GHz: Users should read this and register
Validity / Revalidation
Although the current amateur radio licence is known as a “licence for life”, all radio amateurs are required to revalidate their licence at least every five years. This requires every licence holder to contact Ofcom to confirm or update the details on the licence database.
This can be done at any time. If you need assistance in the process, Ofcom staff are available to help, but please be patient during times of heavy workload.
Online issue/renewal for UK amateurs is free. However postal and other applications (including reinstating a lapsed licence) may incur a fee - See Applicable Fees
- Ofcom Amateur Radio - inc Forms, Guidance, FAQs etc
- Online Licensing Portal and User Guide
- Ofcom Sample License
- Ofcom Licensing Contact Information