Applying for a slot
If you are interested in trying to get a slot in the SES schedule, check the annual calendar to see when it is allocated to your RSGB Region and contact your Regional Manager. This needs to be done as soon as possible, and no later than 2 months before the SES operates in your Region. This time-scale is needed to issue the licence variations and organise publicity in RadCom. Potential applicants need to provide the Regional Manager with the following information:
- Preferred dates (within dates allocated to the specific region)
- Licence Holder details (name, call sign, address including postcode, e-mail address and contact telephone number) This contact information will only be used for the purpose of licensing and management of the SES station. Note: The Licence Holder must be holder of a UK Full Amateur Licence and be able to be in attendance to supervise the operation if not operating the station him/herself. The choice of who should hold the licence may in part be determined by whether some operation from the licensee’s QTH is to be included in the overall operation.
- Designated SES Temporary Location (where applicable), address including postcode, telephone number and email address
- Name of Club, group, etc.
- Confirmation that ADIF log export file will be produced
- Proposed bands and modes of operation. The popular demand is 160m – 70cm, exc 60m, but some other bands will be included throughout the year.
- Nomination (name, call sign and e-mail address) for the person to have access for the “Alert” system.
An information file will be e-mailed with the licence variation to the nominated licence holder about a month before the date(s) of each operation. In addition HQ will arrange with a nominated person the UserID and password for sending messages to the “Alert” system.