This award is for holders of UK ‘Foundation’ callsigns only and is designed to encourage activity using CW, SSB, AM and FM simplex modes.
It is available for contacts made during the ‘first year of being licensed’ only!
There will be three attainment levels to the award.
- This award is available only to holders of UK Foundation class callsigns. The contacts claimed must be made during the first year of being licensed.
- Starting date is 1st January 2002.
- Modes: CW, SSB, AM and FM. No repeater contacts permitted.
- Bands: 50, 70, 144 and 432MHz.
- Qualification for this award will be:
Bronze Award: 50 points.
Silver Award: 75 points.
Gold Award: 100 points.
Please see section 6 for details.
- Points scoring:
50 & 144MHz bands – 1pt / QSO.
70 & 432MHz – 2pt / QSO.
- All claims must include a log extract certified by a Foundation Instructor, an RSGB affiliated club official, or two licensed amateurs.
- A summary sheet of the points claimed per contact listed by call sign.
- Multiple contacts with the same amateur on a single band when fixed, /P and /M only count for a single point although the same amateur may be worked on each of the bands for qualifying points.
- Endorsements may be requested for single ‘band’ or ‘mode’. In this case the log extract must clearly show the relevant information.
- The charges for each level of this award are:-
RSGB members £3.00.
UK residents who are not RSGB members £6.00.
- Where applicable proof of membership the RSGB is required, e.g. recent RadCom label.
All claims must be submitted to the RSGB Awards Manager.
|Mr J Dunnington, G3LZQ
The Oaks Nurseries
Brough HU15 2UP
State clearly on the application your name, (as you wish it to appear on the certificate.) and sign a declaration that you have abided by the award rules and by the conditions of your amateur radio licence.
Application forms may be obtained from this address by sending an SAE. (A4 size please)
Or by way of the Forms Page on this site.
General enquiries may also be made by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org