This award is for holders of ‘Intermediate’ callsigns only and is designed to encourage activity in the CW, SSB and FM simplex sections of the bands.
There will be three levels to the award and claimants may take advantage of a ‘multiplier system’, if they wish, to acquire the points required, especially for the higher levels.
- This award is available only to holders of UK Intermediate callsigns.
- Starting date is 1st January 2000.
- Modes: CW, SSB, AM and FM. No repeater contacts permitted.
- Bands: 50, 144, 432 and 1296MHz.
- Award Levels:
- Bronze 1000 points.
- Silver 10000 points.
- Gold 25000 points.
- 50 & 144MHz bands – 1pt / QSO.
- 432MHz band – 2pt / QSO.
- 1296MHz band – 4pt / QSO.
- Multipliers may be claimed as follows:-
- Locator Squares (eg. JO01), Postal Districts and Countries – 1 point.
- Distance Bonuses:
50MHz for contacts in excess of 2000km – 1pt.
144MHz for contacts in excess of 1000km – 1pt.
432MHz for contacts in excess of 500km – 3pt.
1296MHz for contacts in excess of 500km – 5pt.
- All claims must include a log extract certified by a Intermediate Instructor, an RSGB affiliated club official, or two licensed amateurs. A summary sheet of the points claimed per contact listed by call sign and if multipliers are claimed then a summary sheet of these as well. Multiple contacts with the same amateur on a single band when fixed, /P and /M only count for a single point although the same amateur may be worked on each of the bands for qualifying points.
- The charges for each level of this award are:-
- RSGB members £3 . 00.
- UK residents who are not RSGB members £6 . 00.
Where applicable proof of membership the RSGB is required, e.g. recent RadCom label.
- All claims must be submitted to the RSGB Awards Manager, Marcus Hazel-McGown, MM0ZIF, 27 Ashdale Avenue, Saltcoats, Ayreshire, KA21 6AA.
- State clearly on the application your name, (as you wish it to appear on the certificate.) and sign a declaration that you have abided by the award rules and by the conditions of your amateur radio licence.
Application forms may be obtained from this address by sending an SAE. (A4 size please)
General enquiries may also be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org