This award is available to holders of UK Foundation licenses and is designed to encourage activity using CW, SSB, AM and FM simplex modes.
Applicants do not have to be RSGB Members.
It is available for contacts made on four designated bands during the first year of being licensed.
There are three levels of award.
Which contacts are eligible for the award?
- The contacts claimed must be made during the first year of being licensed
- Contacts must be made using CW, SSB, AM and FM simplex modes. No repeater contacts permitted
- Contacts may be made on 50, 70, 144 and 432MHz bands
The three levels of award
- Bronze Award: 50 points
- Silver Award: 75 points
- Gold Award: 100 points
- 50 & 144MHz bands—1 point per contact
- 70 & 432MHz bands—2 points per contact
Submission of claims
- Application forms may be obtained from the RSGB Awards Manager—see below—by sending an SAE (A4 size please)
- State clearly on the application your name—as you wish it to appear on the certificate—and sign the declaration that you have abided by the award rules and by the conditions of your amateur radio licence
- All claims must include a log extract certified by an RSGB Registered Foundation Instructor, an RSGB affiliated club official, or two licensed amateurs
- In addition to the log extract a summary sheet of the points claimed per contact must be supplied listed in call sign order
- Multiple contacts with the same amateur on a single band when fixed, portable or mobile only count as one contact
- Multiple contacts with the same amateur but on different bands qualify as additional contacts
- Endorsements for single band operation or single mode operation may be requested, in this case, the log extract and summary must show the mode or band used
- RSGB members £3.00
- UK residents who are not RSGB members £6.00
- Where applicable, proof of membership the RSGB is required, e.g. recent RadCom label
All claims must be submitted to the RSGB Awards Manager.
Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org