What we stand for
The RSGB is a community, run by radio amateurs for radio amateurs—licenced or not—working for you, protecting your interests. We stand for:
Providing Leadership for the UK Amateur Radio Community
- Promote, Develop and Protect Amateur Radio in the UK
- Nurture our strong relationships with HMG, OFCOM, ITU, CEPT, IARU, other relevant legislative bodies
Providing a ‘Community’ for UK Radio Amateurs
- Maintain a strong and world-respected membership-based Society
- Ensure our ethical standards are of a high order
- Ensure the financial stability of the RSGB
Providing Personal Development for our Members
- Encourage theoretical challenge and innovation in communications technologies – Encourage practical construction and experimentation, both in hardware and software, for Amateur Radio
- Encourage high levels of operating skills
- Encourage progression through the levels of the UK Amateur Radio licence
We keep you informed of the latest amateur radio news and among friends who understand the hobby.
Being part of the RSGB means that we post direct to your door each month the biggest and best amateur radio magazine, RadCom.
Only available to RSGB members for less than the price of some other high street radio magazines, there is no better way to stay in touch with the world of radio.
However, being a member of the RSGB is much more than a subscription to our magazine.
If you want to get the most out of amateur radio, help to protect its unique privileges and be part of a community of like-minded friends there is simply no better way to do that than by joining the Radio Society of Great Britain, from only £3.91 a month!