Membership and commercial
These are frequently asked questions about RSGB membership and commercial subjects
- How can I become a Member?
- How can I renew my subscription?
- How can I pay my subscription?
- What is the New Starter’s Newsletter and how can I subscribe?
- I paid my subscription but I have also received a reminder
- How do I affiliate my club to the RSGB?
- Where can I get a copy of the RSGB model constitution?
- What should I do if I have not received my RadCom?
- How do I report a Silent Key?
- How do I organise a Silent Key sale?
- What should I do if I have not received my RadCom audio CD?
- I would like to buy a book
- Where’s my book?
- I would like to amend/change my personal details
- How can I Log in?
- I don’t know what my membership number is
- How can I place a members’ advertisement?
- How much does it cost to place a members’ advertisement?
- I would like to make a donation to the RCF
- I would like to make a donation to the Spectrum Defence Fund
- How does the QSL Bureau work?
- How can I contact the QSL Bureau?
- Who is my QSL manager?
- Who is my Regional Manager?
- How can I find out where my local club is?
- Where can I get a copy of the Club insurance policy?
- How can I make a booking for the RSGB Convention?
- I would like to visit the National Radio Centre at Bletchley Park
How can I become a member?
Go to the Join Us page.
How can I renew my subscription?
Go to www.rsgb.org/renew
How can I pay my subscription?
- By direct debit—you can put a direct debit mandate in place by telephoning 01234 832700 and taking the sales or accounts options. Payment by direct debit is £4 p.a. cheaper than by other methods and payment can be spread monthly or quarterly at no extra cost;
- By credit card — Go to www.rsgb.org/renew
- By cheque — to RSGB, 3 Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford, MK44 3WH, writing your membership number on the rear of the cheque
I paid my subscription but I have also received a reminder.
This is probably due to your payment coinciding with a reminder run. If it has been some time since you sent your payment you can check its status by emailing email@example.com and we will check it for you.
How do I affiliate my Club to the RSGB?
See Club Affiliation for full details.
Where can I get a copy of the RSGB model constitution?
Visit Club Affiliation to download a copy—see heading ‘Get Started’
What should I do if I have not received my RadCom?
If RadCom hasn’t been received within 10 working days of the posting date please contact RSGB sales at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I report a Silent Key?
To report a silent key you can either send us a letter or an email to email@example.com. We can then update the membership record accordingly.
How do I organise a Silent Key sale?
If you have equipment to sell or dispose of our regional team will be happy to advise you on the best methods for disposal and its value. The regional team are not allowed to buy the equipment from you so their opinion is unbiased. Look for contact details for your regional Team on the RSGB Regional Managers pages.
What should I do if I have not received my RadCom audio CD?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate for you.
I would like to buy a book.
Go to www.rsgbshop.org
Where’s my book?
E-mail email@example.com and we will be able to advise you of the status of your order.
I would like to amend/change my:
- Add a Callsign;
- E-mail address;
How can I login?
There is no designated “Members area” on the website. Instead, when you attempt to access content that is restricted only to members you will be asked to login and, once you do this, you will be able to access all member only pages. To login
1. Your user name is your callsign or RS number, in lower or upper case letters.
2. The password is your membership number without the two zeros at the front.
I don’t know what my membership number is.
You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also printed on the RadCom address label.
How can I place a members’ advertisement?
Members’ Ads can be e-mailed to email@example.com but there are some important points to note. The advert MUST
- Say if the item is For Sale or Wanted
- Include your name, callsign/RS number, telephone number and postal town
- NOT be longer than 40 words
- NOT be for any sort of commercial or trade purpose
Only one advertisement per member may be submitted each month. Members’ Ads are accepted at the sole discretion of the Editor, whose decision is final.
Full terms and conditions are regularly published in RadCom and are available on request.
How much does it cost to place a members’ advertisement?
Members’ advertisements are free but there is a £5 administration charge if they are not supplied by email. Full terms and conditions are regularly published in RadCom and are available on request.
I would like to make a donation to the RCF.
How does the QSL Bureau work?
Read the QSL Bureau pages.
How can I contact the QSL Bureau?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org put your callsign series in the subject box.
Who is my QSL manager?
See the List of QSL Managers page.
Who is my Regional Manager?
Find out on the RSGB Regional Managers pages .
How can I find out where my local club is?
You can search for local clubs at Find an amateur radio club.
Where can I get a copy of the Club insurance policy?
Go to Club Insurance – you will need your Membership login to access the documents.
How can I make a booking for the RSGB Convention?
Go to www.rsgbevents.org
I would like to visit the National Radio Centre at Bletchley Park
Full details on how to find it, when it is open and what you will find there, can be found on www.nationalradiocentre.com.
If you are member of the RSGB you can download your free admission voucher for Bletchley Park at www.rsgb.org/bpvoucher
What is the New Starter’s Newsletter and how can I subscribe?
The New Starter’s Newsletter is a bi-monthly electronic newsletter that is, in effect, a beginners’ RadCom. Material from the newsletter is available on the website for Members and there is a whole section dedicated to providing information and advice to those joining the hobby. This augments the two regular features in RadCom aimed at newcomers and returners to the hobby—Getting Started In… and Moving On. Any Member can subscribe for free at www.rsgb.org/newstartersnewsletter