National Club of the Year 2014
Once again, we are indebted to Waters and Stanton for their generous sponsorship of this competition.
This year, we will be judging entries in two categories: clubs with less than 25 Members and clubs with 25 or more Members—during 2014—and there will be separate prizes for each category.
We will also give weight to entries that are supportive of young people.
The judging criteria are as follows:
- Membership age profile. How successful has the club been in encouraging ‘new blood’ into membership, particularly younger people?
- Training and advancement of members. What initiatives has the club taken during the year to develop the skills and interests of their members? Additional credit will be given for initiatives that the club is undertaking for the first time and/or are ‘out of the ordinary’
- Spectrum use. How active is the club on the air and what new activities have been undertaken during the year
- Outreach and promotion. What outreach activity has the club undertaken to promote amateur radio?
- Success stories. An opportunity for the club to report on any activity not covered above that they are proud of
These criteria will be used by the Regional Team in judging the Regional entries and by the Board when determining the overall National winners.
Conditions of entry
- Only one entry per RSGB affiliated club or group is allowed
- Entries must be for club activities undertaken from 1 January 2014 – 31 December 2014
- All entries must be received no later than midnight 31 January 2015
- All entries must be a maximum of 1,000 words. The maximum amount of photos or pictures allowed is six per entry; however a club logo is allowed as an extra
- All activities mentioned in an entry must be the work of the club and not done by individuals alone outside the club
- All entries must have a declaration from 2 club officers—Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer etc.—stating that the entry truly reflects the information provided and that all activities have been club activities, and not done as non-club members. No signatures are required
- All entries must be in a standard electronic format —postal entries are not allowed
Upon submission, all entries become copyright of the RSGB.
The regional judges have the right to enquire about the contents of any entry they receive and any entry containing false or misleading information may be disqualified. Please ensure that there is a contact person identified on the application to whom enquiries may be addressed.
- Entries or part entries may be used for RSGB promotional purposes.
- The judge’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning club from each of the 13 regions will be automatically entered into the national final.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be judged.
- On entering the competition, you agree to the above Conditions of Entry.
All entries must be received by the manager of the region in which the club or group has its main premises by the due date.
In order to determine regional winners, entries will be judged and ranked by a Regional Manager from outside of the region to ensure impartiality.
The Board will determine the national winners using a published scoring system. The national winners will be announced at the RSGB AGM in 2015.