The RSGB is pleased to announce the provision of a new Membership Services portal for all Members
The new service offers Members a page where all RSGB online membership services can be easily accessed from one point.
From your Membership Services portal you will be able to—
- Update your membership details
- Renew your membership
- Reset the password you use to log in
- Add or remove your membership account roles and preferences
- Read the digital edition of RadCom, search the archive, and browse back issues
- Download a Members’ free admission voucher for Bletchley Park
In addition to these services, Members will also be able to browse news from their RSGB region and find the contact details of their regional team members.
Most RSGB Members will be able to login with their callsign and membership number just as they did before, but now with the option of choosing a new password once they have logged in.
However, there are some changes, please read the following points to get the best out of the new service—
- You can now enter your username in either upper or lower case letters
- At login you can now have a password reminder emailed to you if you lose or forget your password
- Those logging in with RS numbers, i.e. RS123456, will experience a password reset on first login—the default password being so much like the user name is an obvious security risk—and a new password will be automatically created and emailed to you
- In the first week of the new service, some previous Members-only services, like the digital edition of RadCom, may be unavailable for short periods as we move material into the new authentication system—please do not be concerned, as all existing Members-only services and material will be restored
- If you wish to renew your membership you do not need to login to do so—even though the option is there in your Membership Services portal—and you can do so via the RSGB Shop as before
What’s happened to MyRSGB?
The Membership Services portal supersedes the section called “MyRSGB”. Please note—
- You don’t need to login to Renew your membership, so renewal is now a top-level menu item on the main navigation bar (it’s ALSO in your portal)
- “Have Your Say” has moved to “About Us”
- “Events planner” has been discontinued and will be replaced by a new system shortly
- Site Visual Preferences have been moved into Accessibility (see navigation bar at base of page)
Our club’s page says it is still under development?
A similar portal will be available for affiliated clubs from 3 November 2014.
Your feedback and opinions are wanted!
We would like to know what you think of the new Membership Services portal. Please send feedback to email@example.com. Please note we do not intend to publish any contributions on the web or elsewhere.
Any questions or problems concerning the Membership Services portal should be submitted through our online helpdesk system at www.rsgb.org/helpdesk.