Review Questions Consultation
The Society thanks all amateurs who participated in our preparation exercise for the Ofcom Amateur Licence Review.
Our Consultation Forum has now closed but is archived on this page.
Ofcom intends to review and update the terms and conditions of the UK amateur radio licence.
The current form of the licence has been around for several years and Ofcom is keen to ensure that it continues to meet its regulatory needs.
More information about the Licence Review, together with a commentary from the RSGB, and a link to the Ofcom response form can be found at www.rsgb.org/licencereview.
Forum topics and discussion
- Q1. 470kHz and 5MHz bands
- Q2. Club licences
- Q3. Revocation and disqualified people
- Q4. Licence revalidation
- Q5. Licence fees
- Q6. Identification – transmission of callsigns
- Q7. Regional Secondary Locators (RSLs)
- Q8. Intermediate callsigns and RSLs
- Q9. Station location (inc. CEPT, maritime, airborne etc.)
- Q10. Operations and messages with user services
- AOB – Comments on Section 3 or other matters