HFM – Terms of Reference
- To be appointed by and to advise the Board on the development of amateur interests as well as national and international spectrum management issues at frequencies below 30 MHz (termed HF for the purpose of this document).
- To ensure that all matters relating to frequencies below 30 MHz within the Society are properly coordinated.
- In a shared way with the other spectrum managers, represent the Society in dealings with Ofcom, DCMS and BIS, as well as at attend CEPT or ITU meetings as appropriate or requested.
- To monitor technical and operational developments; to encourage the flow of design and operating information within the UK and also between the UK and other countries to assist in developing common licence conditions, operating standards and safety philosophies.
- To be accountable to the Board, through the responsible portfolio holder where applicable, for any services below 30 MHz, which the Society has agreed to provide to IARU Region 1.
- To serve as a core member of the Society’s Spectrum Forum and support key RSGB events, as requested, such as the annual Hamfest and Convention.
- To coordinate the annual award of the following Trophies:
- To produce an annual report for presentation to the Board.
- Through the appointment the post holder accepts the RSGB’s Ethos and follows the RSGB Code of Conduct.
- The tenure is for one year, renewable by mutual agreement annually in January.
Updated 31st August 2012