SF – Terms of Reference
The Chair is to be appointed by and may serve on the Board. The Forums Terms of Reference are as follows:
- The Forum shall consist of the Spectrum Managers and such other members as thought to be appropriate.
- To monitor and pursue all aspects of spectrum usage relevant to the amateur service and amateur satellite service.
- To ensure that all spectrum matters within the Society are properly co-ordinated.
- To identify areas where radio amateurs can make a contribution to spectrum usage.
- To recommend general operating practices including band planning and matters concerned with safety.
- To organise and prepare conference papers by Society and affiliated UK special interest groups, making appropriate recommendations to the Board. For IARU conferences this will be via the IARU Committee.
- To deal with international matters concerning spectrum usage, especially those arising from the Society’s membership of IARU.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the national administration in all matters concerning spectrum usage.
- To provide a web presence that includes all aspects of the work of the Forum.
- To recommend annually to the Board the award of relevant society trophies.
- To liaise with the Awards Manager and offer guidance where required.
- Through the appointment the post holder accepts and follows the RSGB’s core Ethos values and Code of Conduct
Created 2004 (amended 31st August 2012 & 24th May 2014)