PSC – Terms of Reference
The purpose of the Propagation Studies Committee (PSC) is to promote interest in radio propagation amongst amateurs and shortwave listeners to enable them to make informed use of the amateur bands and develop a research interest into the subject.
The Chair of the PSC has the following Terms of Reference to discharge this role and responsibilities:
- To be appointed by the Board and be accountable to the Board, and operate where necessary through a designated Board member.
- The tenure is for one year, renewable by mutual agreement annually in January.
- To form, maintain and develop the PSC to deliver its core objectives.
- To consider the need and develop the committee in a way that might positively support succession planning.
- To provide a response to all enquiries within 72 hours and to follow-up as appropriate.
- To produce an annual report, or upon request, for presentation to the Board.
- To provide continuity to ensure that holiday and sickness arrangements exist.
- Through the appointment the post holder accepts and follows the RSGB’s Ethos and Code of Conduct.
Created 6th September 2012