The purpose of the IOTA Committee is to provide support to the IOTA Manager in the operation of the programme through a group of committed people experienced in the programme.
Terms of Reference for the IOTA Committee, Chair
- To be appointed by the Board and be accountable to the Board, and operate where necessary through a designated Board member, to provide input to and take direction from the IOTA Steering Committee and to work with the IT Working Group.
- The tenure is for one year, renewable by mutual agreement annually in January.
- To form, maintain and develop the IOTA Committee to support the IOTA Manager in the day-to-day operation of the IOTA programme. This includes assisting the IOTA Manager to make judgements on IOTA policy, promotion of the programme both within the UK (via the RSGB/IOTA websites, RadCom, Regional Promotion Teams, etc) and management of the Checkpoints.
- To consider the need and develop the committee in a way that might positively support succession planning.
- To provide a response to all enquiries within 72 hours and to follow-up as appropriate.
- To produce an annual report, or upon request, make a presentation to the Board.
- To provide continuity to ensure that holiday and sickness arrangements exist.
- Through the appointment the post holder accepts and follows the RSGB’s Ethos and does this in part by application of the RSGB Code of Conduct.
8th August 2012