The Exams Group Chair is appointed by and reports to the Examinations Standards Committee Chair who appoints the Committee members who are not there ex-officio.
- Two or three members with educational background who hold a Full UK amateur radio licence
- Two or three members with radio engineering background who hold a Full UK amateur radio licence
- Air Cadet Organisation Radio Officer
- RSGB Examinations Department Secretary
- Chair may invite ESM, EQAM, RSGB General Manager and/or Training and Education Committee Chair as non-voting observers
Terms of Reference
- To maintain the examination standards according to the requirements for the granting of an amateur radio licence as set out in the schedule agreed between Ofcom and the RSGB
- To set and review the examination pass marks
- To ensure that the examination question banks are fully populated
- To solicit, review and vet all examination questions from others
- To consult with the RSGB Training and Education Committee on any proposed changes to the syllabi before presenting to the Examinations Standards Committee
- Investigate and rule on any complaints by candidates on the contents of the examinations papers
- Produce an annual report for the RSGB Examinations Standards Committee
Frequency of Meeting
As much of the Group’s work as possible will be completed via email or teleconference.
The Group will typically meet three or four times a year.
The Group will produce an annual report for the annual meeting of the Examinations Standards Committee which shall contain:
- An assessment of the overall examination performance
- Outline of examination questions added to and/or removed from the question banks
- Details of any syllabus changes
- Summary of any complaints received by the Group and the outcome of those complaints
- Recommendations for any changes/future work
Reports of the Examination Standards Committee, and archived reports of the former RCF Examinations and Standards committees, can be found under Minutes, Papers and Reports.