Examinations Standards Committee
The Examinations Standards Committee is responsible for oversight of the management structure and policy of the amateur radio examinations
What we do
- Ensure syllabuses continue to meet Ofcom’s requirements, remain relevant and continue to reflect the requirements of a modern amateur radio service while ensuring examinations continue to cover the internationally agreed amateur radio syllabus (HAREC) (24-page/165KB PDF)
- Ensure examinations are run in accordance with the schedule to the MOU agreed between Ofcom and the RSGB
- Ensure, so far as is practicable, that the examinations are consistent with CEPT T/R 61-02
- Examine on a yearly basis the performance of the examination system
- Publish a report on the RSGB website
On 1 October 2015, responsibility for the management of the radio amateur examinations system passed from the RCF to the RSGB.
These new arrangements are contained in a schedule of terms agreed between Ofcom and the RSGB.
- Schedule of Terms between Ofcom and the Radio Society of Great Britain on the conduct of Amateur Radio Examinations (12-page/217KB PDF)
This will allow the RCF trustees to focus on their charitable work, and will further streamline the administration of the examinations, building on the foundation established over the last eight years.
Examinations will continue to be available to all, regardless of RSGB membership, and these changes will have minimal impact on the conduct of the examinations at local level.