Results from the Bloom Wood, High Wycombe event held on 16th February 2013 follow:
Long course 5 TXs 144MHz, 5 TXs 3.5MHz, 6 starters.
Medium course 4 TXs 144MHz, 4 TXs 3.5MHz, 3 starters.
- Thank you to the 9 competitors who came along to the Bloom Wood event. We had a great day with mild dry weather, just right for running, and a woodland that was mostly dry underfoot, even with all the recent rain. Open beech woods and plenty of deer and wildlife to be seen.
- The courses were planned to allow a shorter 5 TX circuit and a long 7 TX circuit. Those doing the long had to deal with the few muddy areas.
- I set part of the Course late Friday afternoon out in the dark with a head torch (not great!), and discovered the I-buttons would not set, which was a bit alarming as I had no pin punches or back ups. Thanks to Dave Deane who came out late Friday night to meet me near the M4 with a replacement synch-button and some pin punches. This allowed me to get out early Saturday to finish putting out the other TXs and then go around and reset the ones from Friday. I just managed this in time for the scheduled start, much to my relief. I shall always attach pin punches in future just in case.
- Thanks to Vlad who stepped in to cover registration whilst I was out resetting everything.
- TX 7 was very weak, and not audible from start, but competitors did hear it as they got nearer. When collecting it looks like the ground-earth wire had come loose, and this may be the reason.
- Thank you to Dave W, Mike and Robert who went out collecting after the event, that was a great help.
- Split times are available here. Click the name of the individual in the table for the split times
Category: ARDF Results